Field Solicitors Phone Field Solicitors 0n +353 (0)1 6291155 LinkedInCall back

Custody & Access

Generally speaking, the children of separated spouses generally are awarded joint custody of the children of the marriage with an access order being put in place either by agreement or Court Order to the parent that does not have the day to day care of the children.

Unmarried fathers are generally not granted custody unless under exceptional circumstances, however, they are entitled to access to their children either which can be reached by way of agreement or by Court Order.

When deciding access, the Court must only consider what is in the best interest and welfare of the child and not that of the parent.

For further information and advice regarding your legal rights and entitlements please do not hesitate to contact Averil Field on 01 629119 or by completing the online enquiry form.

Useful Addresses:

Legal Aid Board  

Kildare Law Centre
Canning Place
Co. Kildare

Telephone: 045 435777

St Stephens House
Earlsfort Terrace
Dublin 2

Telephone: 01 6615811

Courts Offices