Field Solicitors Phone Field Solicitors 0n +353 (0)1 6291155 LinkedInCall back

Probate & Administration of Estates


Field Solicitors can assist you in extracting a Grant of Probate or Letters of Administration Intestate in respect of a deceased person’s estate.

A Grant of Probate is where somebody has left a Will and a grant is extracted in order to prove that Will before an estate can be distributed in accordance with the deceased persons Will.

Letters of Administration is where a person has died intestate,  i.e. without having made a Will. Before a person can administer a deceased persons estate who died intestate they must first apply for Letters of Administration Intestate from the Probate Office.

Field Solicitors have the experience and expertise in dealing with all types of administration of estates from the simplest to the most complicated.

We can also advise beneficiaries in relation to any potential claim they may have in relation to an estate or advise a children of the deceased who feels that they have not been left something under a Will about a possible Section 117 Application.

Enduring Power of Attorney

An Enduring Power of Attorney is a legal document that is executed by a person, the Donor, during his/her lifetime when he or she is in good mental health. It allows that person to specifically appoint attorneys to take action on the person/donor’s behalf if he/she is incapacitated through illness.

This will allow the attorney who is appointed under this legal document to deal with all of the Donor’s, the person who has the mental incapacity, with the Donor’s estate as if they were that person.

An Enduring Power of Attorney will only take effect on the incapacity of the Donor and on foot of a doctor’s certificate to that effect. The Attorney can be given not only the responsibility of looking after the persons property and money but also making personal care decisions on behalf of the Donor who would no longer be in a position to make such decisions on his/her own behalf.

Should you have any queries in relation to an Enduring Power of Attorney please do not hesitate to contact us on 01 6291155 or complete the online enquiry form.

Ward of Court Applications

If a person is no longer able to look after their own affairs and has been deemed by a doctor to be medically incompetent to do so and they have not executed an Enduring Power of Attorney then the only way that the family can deal with that persons assets to the benefit of that person, is to make an application to the Wards of Court Office.

Field Solicitors can advise you in relation to the whole process of making an application to the Wards of Court Office. For more information in relation to making a person a Ward of Court or the law in this area please call us on 01 6291155 or simply fill out the immediate appointment request below.

Fill in the form below giving us a brief outline of your requirement. We will call you back as soon as we are free. Many thanks.